Monday 23 March 2015

Tut, tut, tut

Yes, it appears I have already fallen foul of my plans for regular blog posts, namely the 'What I read last month' feature. I think the problem is that it takes some time to collate the information into a format I can use easily here. So my plan going forward is to highlight my favourite book or books of the previous week and to post on fridays (I already have a Fiction Friday tag I can reappropriate).

In the meantime I'm going to run through my reading for January and February in this post.

I think I mentioned my intention for this year was to clear a lot of books on my TBR pile including finishing one series a month and reading at least one anthology.

January

Series: Tyack & Frayne by Harper Fox 
For this I read: Tinsel Fish, Don't Let Go, & Kitto All the books got 4 stars. The characters, pairing, and settings all got a strong 5 stars from me but I had to deduct a star because each story in some way focused on abuse which made for uncomfortable reading at times.

Anthology: Sindustry Vol 1 - 4 stars. Stories ranged from 4.5 to 2 stars. 
Favourites: The Four Seasons by Diana Copland, A Muse by Zahra Owens, Stripped Bare by S. Blaise.

In total I read 18 books
5 stars: Only 1
4 stars: (including the 4 mentioned above) 8
DNFs: none!
Books with a 4+ rating on GR & I had eagerly anticipated reading but found lacking: 1

5 stars

Simple Gifts by LB Gregg

4 stars

Dear Alex by Clare London
The Gentleman and the Lamplighter by Summer Devon
A Case of Spirits (A Charm of Magpies, #2.5) by KJ Charles
Chaser by Rick R Reed (My first RRReed and typing this has just reminded me that I had intended to read the sequel almost immediately. Bumped up my TBR pile.)

This is already quite a large post so I'm going to list February's reads under a seperate entry.




2 comments:

  1. YAY for your list. I love that you are so disciplined about it. I have to read what I feel like reading without any real plan to it :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to or I'll just pick out my favourite stuff. I've had purchased books hanging out on my TBR pile since Jan 2012 when I bought my first gay romance book, it's time to clear the backlog.
      And some series I've started so long ago that I'll probably need to reread the first book/s to get back into the story/characters! Although with Raining Men I remember purposely wanting to leave a few books gap because the MC in Raining Men was a complete bastard in Chaser.

      Delete