Wednesday 21 September 2016

Sweet Summer Sweat by Clare London


I spent last weekend reading Sweet Summer Sweat. What can I say about this book? *glances at cover* I guess you're thinking it's just your bog standard threesome erotica. You'd be wrong. The first 40% of this story creeped me out completely. I read every line with a feeling of impending doom. Then, bam, or should that be wham, bam, thank you, mam. I didn't have time to be nervous because the sexytimes kicked up a gear and I was distracted for the rest of the book.


I don't want to give too much away so I'm not going to say much more than that.

If you've read Clare London before you'll know that she writes a damn fine sex scene, and, as you should be able to pick up from the blurb, there is a lot of sex in this story. But at no point did I find my attention wandering, or dare to consider skimming. This book had my undivided attention, every word, every thought, every look. Every droplet of sweat rolling languidly down tanned flesh to the waistband of skimpy cut-off shorts... Oh my. *fans self*

Now, if I could only get that damn song out of my head...




Author: Clare London

Release Date: September 20 2016

Publisher: Jocular Press

Length: 74,000 words

Buy Links: Amazon US Amazon UK AllRomance Smashwords 

Blurb

When you find a place where lust and sex rule life, and your every desire can be fulfilled, why would you ever want to leave?

Young runaway Scot and his boyfriend Jerry escape their deadbeat homes and families, hoping to leave prejudice behind them and travel to a new life in Las Vegas. Unprepared and naive, they're lost almost at once, and shelter at a run-down, deserted motel in the middle of the scorching hot Nevada desert. A place with secrets, run by staff both gorgeous and uninhibited, and driven by a mysterious sexual connection Scot’s never even dared to dream.

All but drugged by the lazy heat and the hedonism around him, Scot watches as Jerry is seduced away and realizes their relationship was nothing more than shared lust. Restless, Scot knows he wants true love and real understanding. Could he find it with the mysterious and elusive owner of the motel, Connor Maxwell? Connor seems to think so, every time he appears and pursues Scot for his own. But where does Connor come from? It seems the passion calls him into being at its own whim.

Eventually, what binds Connor and his friends to the motel may be too strong for Scot to break through. Scot has ambitions to travel, to make something of his life – but is his only option to embrace life at the motel in his true lover’s arms?

Or will that love be strong enough to release them both...




2 comments:

  1. Ooh I wanna know what it was creepy???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be telling. :) It's not horrific or violent. Nothing like that. Just that spideysense feeling that something isn't right. The sort of terror lurking in the back of your mind that tells you not to go down in the basement.
      Then it all turned sexy with a lingering hint of whoa something isn't right. You need to read it...

      Delete