Friday 13 October 2017

Fiction Friday - Are you in the mood for a fairy tale?

Let's talk about LT3 Press. They do publish an excellent fairy tale and I was obviously in the mood for a lot of sweet, low steam short (and not so short) stories in September. And who consistently writes the best fairy tales in gay romance? Yes, there is a flurry of Megan Derr on this list.

Once Upon a Dream by Megan Derr - Collection of short stories and ficlets that have previously been published elsewhere. Same are teasingly short and others are longer. Great for dipping into when you need that sweet, low steam fix. And it's free.

The Novelty Maker by Sasha L. Miller - Sweet (but not sugary) and heartwarming short story with a fantasy, almost steampunk, vibe.

Ravenhearth by Lotus Oakes - Enchanting fairy tale. It did leave me with a few unanswered questions (and I really hated the twins -- they creeped me out) but I could easily overlook those issues.

The Matchmaker by Megan Derr - I think this is a marmite book because you either love Sorrel or you hate him. I thought he was great. Plus a link to some free ficlets in this 'verse.

Crown Jewel by Megan Derr - Great world building and engaging characters.

Fairytales Slashed 2 (Fairytales Slashed #2) by Megan Derr - A collection of 4 stories. 'The Beast' & 'The Huntsmen' are by Megan Derr & 'The Wizard's Tower' & 'Sleeping Beauty' are by Sasha L. Miller. Much darker in tone than some of the fairy tales by this pair, especially The Huntsman, but I really enjoyed them.

The Royal Inquisitor by Megan Derr - Second chances and betrayal wrapped up in a short story.

And I still have so many more to read. *happy sigh*


2 comments:

  1. I've been on an RJ Scott binge as of late...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) There's something reassuring about RJs work. You know you're guaranteed a decent plot and endearing characters. It's comforting when life is uncertain. <3

      Delete