Friday 1 December 2017

Fiction Friday

A thousand apologies. I've been trying to get a story finished and my blog seems to have just fallen by the wayside. I think I should round up my remaining reads for the year before December starts.

When Heaven Strikes by F.E. Feeley Jr. - Audio book for this one and also a new to me author. Narrator had a soft tone that really suited the story. And the story, well, that gave me all the feels. FYI, this book is written from multiple POVs.

An Unsuitable Heir (Sins of the Cities #3) by K.J. Charles - An exceptional end to an excellent series. I can't recommend the trilogy highly enough. I'm sad that it's over, but I've already got the audio books and they are perfectly narrated. 5 stars.

Bonds of Denial (Wicked Play #5) by Lynda Aicher - Despite being book 5 in the series, I didn't think I missed anything by having not read the other books. This was amazing. A character driven romance with two very broken characters. Loved it.

These Haunted Heights by Ally Blue - This book is almost 7 years old and I've had it on my Kindle for nearly 5 years. I should have read it earlier. Poor Drew was so broken. I loved it.

A Bell for Andy by GL Roberts - An interesting idea for a reincarnation/missed chances story. It could have benefited from less repetition on the dream front and more focus on the romance. But worth a read.

One More Chance (The Boys of Oceanside #3) by Rachel Kane - This book made me cry, ugly, throat-tearing tears and made me want to scream and pound my fist into people's faces (Ransom and Toby). But it made me feel, even if some of those feelings were anger and injustice.

Strong Side (Eastshore Tigers #1) by Alison Hendricks - An engaging coming out and self discovery story with a backdrop of American Football and two endearing leads.

The Only Option (Dubious #4) by Megan Derr - I have to admit that I don't really like the new cover art on this book. A dragon and a necromancer walk into a bar... After a slew of sweet reads from Megan Derr this takes a more raunchy tone right from the start. Tilo was a sweetheart and I wanted things to work out for him.

Spell Weaver by Megan Derr A Cinderella story, of sorts. The story is familiar, as fairy tales should be, but told with style and sweetness.

The Eagle and the Fox (A Snowy Range Mystery #1) by Nya Rawlyns - Another audio book. This is also a new to me author. Narrator is Nick J Russo, whose work I really enjoy, and who gave a stellar performance here. The MCs are both older characters, which I really enjoyed, and I adored Josh. The mystery was interesting and wasn't all neatly tied up by the last page.

Sons of Devils & Angels of Istanbul (Arising) by Alex Beecroft - Firstly the publishers should be questioned as to why they decided to publish this as two separate book instead of the epic it deserves to be. It's history, fantasy, and the paranormal all rolled into one, with a gentle but underlying love story beneath the surface. Told from the POV of 5 strong but very different characters, all broken in their own way, but all with the ability for greatness. Highly recommended.

A Taste Of Copper by Elin Gregory - Currently out of print. Knights and honour and unrequited love. Well written and well researched.

December will mostly be Christmas reads, although I may add other stories to mix it up. Any Christmas reads that I want to recommend will probably be posted in individual posts just so you can pick them up and read them in the appropriate time frame.




No comments:

Post a Comment